West Chester Domestic Violence Attorney
A lawyer dedicated to helping you end the cycle of violence
Domestic violence is a phenomenon that affects families of all sizes, incomes, races and religions. The statistics speak for themselves:
- One in every four women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime.
- One in six women and one in 33 men have experienced an attempted or completed rape.
- The cost of intimate partner violence exceeds $5.8 billion each year, $4.1 billion of which is for direct medical and mental health services.
- Boys who witness domestic violence are twice as likely to abuse their own partners and children.
- Only one-quarter of all physical assaults and one-fifth of all rapes perpetuated against females by intimate partners are reported to the police.
Despite the impact that domestic violence has on families, it remains one of the most underreported crimes. As a former social worker and rape crisis center manager, Catherine H. Voit has seen the horrors that domestic violence can cause. Catherine knows that the first step in the healing process is to help victims find their voices.
Let Catherine be there for you and be your voice in court by filing restraining orders and protection from abuse (PBA) orders on your behalf. If there is proof that domestic evidence existed in the home, it can result in a judge awarding you custody of your children in court, and allow you to keep control of your home, your money and your life. No matter what your situation may be, let an attorney with two decades of family law experience be your voice and help you find the best solutions for your future.
Falsely accused of domestic abuse?
Although domestic violence laws in Pennsylvania are designed to help victims escape from abuse, they can be abused as well. Spouses are not required to notify their spouse of domestic violence charges or the filing of restraining orders against them, and a vindictive or angry partner may falsely charge you with committing domestic violence. If you have been falsely accused of domestic violence and have subsequently been banned from seeing your children or entering your home, Catherine H. Voit can help you fight these charges and prove your innocence in court.
Stop the violence today
If you or a loved one has been the victim of domestic violence, contact Voit Family Law, PLLC at 484.881.3185 immediately or contact her online. Catherine represents clients living in the greater Chester County area, including all surrounding cities, Montgomery County and Delaware County.